Christopher Zoukis – Marketing Director
Christopher Zoukis is the Marketing Director of the Law Offices of Brandon Sample, a boutique federal criminal defense law firm. His books include Directory of Federal Prisons (Middle Street Publishing, 2019), Federal Prison Handbook (Middle Street Publishing, 2017), Prison Education Guide (PLN Publishing, 2016), and College for Convicts: The Case for Higher Education in American Prisons(McFarland & Company, 2014).
Christopher Zoukis has both contributed articles to, and been interviewed by, a broad selection of media outlets, including USA Today, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, New York Daily News, Detroit Free Press, Prison Legal News, Criminal Legal News, Truth-Out, Think Progress, and others. He also reviews books for the New York Journal of Books.
Christopher Zoukis has a Bachelor’s of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (Business Administration and Legal Studies) from Adams State University, and will be graduating with his Masters of Business Administration in the Spring. Also from ASU, he earned a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, Advanced Certificate in Paralegal Studies, and an Employment Law Certificate.
Christopher Zoukis has been recognized by a large number of legal, book, and writing organizations for his expertise. His Federal Prison Handbook has enjoyed a number of awards and recognitions:
- Foreword Magazine: Social Sciences Indie Book of the Year (3rd Place)
- IndieReader Nonfiction Discovery Award (3rd Place)
- Next Generation Indie Book Awards: Nonfiction Award
- Colorado Independent Book Publishing Awards: Nonfiction Shortlist
- National Indie Excellence Awards: Nonfiction Award
- Readers Favorite Book Awards: Gold Medal, General Nonfiction
- Chanticleer Book Awards: Instructional & Insightful Nonfiction Award
- Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Montaigne Medal Finalist
- Feathered Quill Book Awards: Nonfiction Informational Category (2nd Place)
In 2018, Christopher Zoukis was named a finalist for the Society of Professional Journalists’ Mark of Excellence Award. In 2016, his Prison Law Blog was named a Top Law Blawg by the American Bar Association. In 2014, his book College for Convicts was the recipient of the Eric Hoffer Book Award’s Montaigne Medal for the most thought-provoking book of the year. And in 2012, he was recognized in the Pen America Center’s prison writing contest.
Today, Christopher Zoukis is glad to be part of the team at Brandon Sample PLC. His work includes all manner of marketing, website development, and marketing strategy. He can be reached at [email protected].